Thursday, September 9, 2010

Front Cross Carry and Short Front Cross Carry

Today's carry is FCC and its shorter-wrap variation, SFCC. I can eke out a FCC with a 4m wrap, and easily do SFCC with a 3.7m.

FCC probably isn't good for us right now because Max is a leaner and wants his arms out. It is poppable, which is nice, but I definitely prefer the PWCC we tried the other day. I chose to use our 4m DIY osnaburg because it's really grippy. Max could still lean right out, though. The Vatanai is wider and worked better in the SFCC, so maybe I just needed a wider wrap.
For some reason, this pic reminds me of a mug shot. LOL!


I had done SFCC before and found the lumpy overlapping rails quite uncomfortable, so I tried an interesting variation using sling rings. I used my 4.5m Vatanai for this one because it's thin and it worked great in the sling rings. It was pretty long, though! My conclusions on the sling-ring variation of SFCC:
* Fun if you use this carry a lot, but finicky to get used to.
* I was able to nurse but had to use mirror to adjust.
* Fairly supportive with thin wrap, but not enough shoulder cush. But I bet a thicker wrap would clog the sling rings.
* I don't like that fabric pulls tight from underneath, so I kept crushing my waist when tightening and having to move Max all over the place to redistribute. I ended up having to feed fabric under each of Max's legs to tighten.
* It's hard to figure out where to tug to adjust middle of passes when using the sling rings.
* Looks neat, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment