Saturday, September 4, 2010

A wrapping odyssey

I'm Kristin and my wrappee is 9-month-old Max. If you want to know more about us, check out Max's blog, www.mymanmax.wordpress.com. I'm writing this blog (if I end up sticking with it) for my own future reference, to record my experiments in baby wrapping. I'd consider myself somewhat of a beginning wrapper; I've been wrapping for a few months with a small collection of wraps. I have a few favorite carries with my heavy (21 lb) kid, and I don't anticipate those changing anytime soon. Still, I'd like to get a better idea of all the other wrap carries out there. I'm going to follow a "Carry of the Week" sequence from TheBabyWearer.com, watching the associated tutorials, reading the comments from those trying the carries, and then trying each of the carries at least once (and maybe some of the variations). I'll try to pace it more like a "carry of the day," since the goal will be to do the standard version of the carry in a safe way, not to memorize it or become an expert at it. I'll record my impressions of the carry and then move on.

My current wrap stash (subject to change!):

No comments:

Post a Comment