Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Giselle's Back Carry (GBC) and Secure High Back Carry (SHBC)

These are variations on the same idea: Back carries that start with baby in a rebozo pass. Giselle's calls for ruck straps, while SHBC involves a chest belt (thereby "securing" the baby in place right away).

I used to have big problems getting the tension even in GBC, because one shoulder starts over and one starts under. But I think I tamed it this time! It was high and reasonably comfy. However, the way the straps loop tightly around the shoulders always causes my arms to tingle; it must hit a nerve. I tied off Tibetan to avoid that issue. It worked, but soon I was getting the between-the-shoulder twinges that I described with BWCC. :(
SHBC solved all those issues. I got really brave and tried it in the grocery store parking lot for the first time! It's actually great for public wrapping because of the safety of the immediate chest belt--it's easy to get baby on and off. I found a chest belt with my 3.6m BBSlen much more bearable than with my diggy osnaburg. I wore Max for at least half an hour without any trouble. I did feel like the shoulder passes were too loose, but the chest belt locked that extra fabric in place, so the looseness did not lead to Max sagging. I didn't get any pics at the store yesterday, but did a quick duplication this morning with my squishy 4.1m Natibaby Pearl. This one rocks a chest belt because it is so soft.
I'm pretty sure Max was much higher than this yesterday, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment